The Southeastern Coastal Center for Agricultural Health and Safety hosted the 2021 State of the Science Meeting focused on Pathways to Health Equity in Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021.
Hosted by the Southeastern Coastal Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (SCCAHS) headquartered at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL, the annual State of the Science Meeting combined esteemed speakers to present research relevant to occupational safety and health needs of people working in agriculture, fishing, and forestry in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
State of the Science 2021 featured researchers and scientists from various fields from across the United States, who presented their findings related to occupational, environmental and physical barriers in the agriculture, forestry and fishery industries.
Watch the Event Replay
Did you miss the live event? No worries. The event replay is available below. In addition to the replay, PDF copies of each presentation or poster is available below for download.
Welcome session: Pathways to Health Equity in Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
Session One: Equity as a Framework for Health
Session Two: Communicating with Vulnerable Populations about Pandemic-Related Health Risks
Session Three: Understanding Injury and Illness Disparities to Achieve Health Equity
- Latino Immigrant Forestry Services Workers in the Pacific Northwest – Workforce Safety and Sustainability: Download the Presentation
- Cost of Injuries to Farmers and Ranchers in Central United States: Download the Presentation
- What about the Rest of Them? Fatal Injuries Related to Production Agriculture Not Captured by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI): Download the Presentation
Session Four: Poster Presentations
- Prevalence of Anaplasmosis in White-tailed Deer and Inherent Risks to Hunters: Download the Poster
- Social determinants of occupational health and safety among agricultural workers in the U.S. southeastern coastal states: Watch the Presentation | Download the Poster
- Prevalence of Ehrlichiosis ewingii in White-tailed Deer and Possible Transmission to Humans: Watch the Presentation | Download the Poster
- Agricultural Mental Health Literacy Programs: Watch the Presentation | Download the Poster
- Dangers of Gossypol to Cotton Farmers and Gin Operators: Watch the Presentation | Download the Poster
- Anaplasmosis and the Dangers of Tick-Borne Diseases to Handlers of White-tailed Deer Carcasses: Watch the Presentation | Download the Poster