The Southeastern Coastal Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (SCCAHS) conducts research on important topics related to health and safety in the agriculture, fisheries, and forestry (AFF) sector. The center also conducts safety training and serves as a repository for related training programs throughout the Southeast region.
This page focuses on resources related to pesticide safety. Please visit this page frequently to find new information on this topic.
Training Programs and Educational Resources
Following are links to relevant training programs or Educational Resources on this topic.
- Pesticide Safety and Environmental Health The Farmworker Association of Florida has a multi-faceted program to educate, inform and empower farmworkers about health and pesticide safety; to assess work sites for violations of worker safety regulations; to train health care providers in pesticide exposure diagnosis and treatment in farmworker communities; to advocate for greater protections for farmworkers; and to promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- UF IFAS Pesticide Information Office The University of Florida’s Pesticide Information and Education Program provides information, educational programs, and materials to persons who use pesticides as a part of their livelihood; consumers with questions about use and impact of pesticides in their daily lives; faculty and students; and decision makers, such as local, state, and federal government regulators and legislators.
- EPA Pesticide Worker Safety
- Pesticide Educational Resources Collaborative
- Respiratory Protection Guide
- UF IFAS Pesticide Information Office
- UF IFAS Pesticide Information Office Newsletter