The Southeastern Coastal Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (SCCAHS) conducts research on important topics related to health and safety in the agriculture, fisheries, and forestry (AFF) sector. The center also conducts safety training and serves as a repository for related training programs throughout the Southeast region. This page focuses on resources related to disaster preparedness and resiliency. Please visit this page frequently to find new information on this topic.
Following is a list of resources for disaster preparedness.
- Community preparedness What Floridians think about community preparedness
- Disaster supply kit Developing your disaster supply kit
- Family communication plan Creating your family communication plan
- Disaster educational resources Finding free disaster education resources
- Internal crisis communication What people need to know about internal crisis communication
- National Hurricane Center
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Florida State Agricultural Response Team (SART)
- UF/IFAS Disaster Preparation and Recovery
- UF/IFAS Electronic Data Information Source
- Florida State Emergency Response Team (SERT)
- Ready.gov hurricanes
- Ready.gov shelter
- Ready.gov make a plan
- FEMA: Important things to know before a disaster
Extension Agents and Others Who Can Help
The network of universities and cooperative extension services working on education and research in agriculture, fishing, and forestry in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, has offices and extension agents focused on occupational safety. Below are Extension agents and specialists and other professionals who conduct training on this topic or who can provide more information.
Angie Lindsey Disaster Preparedness/ Education
UF Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences