Commercial fishing operations often include hazardous working conditions in unpredictable weather, making this one of the most dangerous occupations in the United States. SCCAHS has compiled safety resources and guidelines for workers and managers in the commercial fishery sector. Please visit this page frequently to find new information on this topic.
Resources for commercial fishing
- Commercial Fishing Safety (CDC)
- Fatal Occupational Injuries in the U.S. Commercial Fishing Industry: Risk Factors and Recommendations – East Coast Region
- Commercial Saltwater Regulations
- Myers ML, Kane AS and Durborow RM. 2018. Gulf of Mexico Seafood Harvesters: Part 1. Occupational Injury and Fatigue Risk Factors. Safety doi:10.3390/safety4030031.
- Myers ML, Durborow RM, Kane AS. 2018. Gulf of Mexico Seafood Harvesters, Part 2: Occupational Health-Related Risk Factors. Safety doi: 10.3390/safety4030027.